MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion

Oral and Visual History Initiative MMM60s MODEL HISTORY and VINTAGE FASHION

HomeLog inRegisterSearchLatest images
Click> HOME
HOME PAGE
Linda’s MEMOIRS

Seventeen Magazine Feature

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ilovefashion500

Seventeen Magazine Feature Empty
PostSeventeen Magazine Feature

I would like to thank 'Ranma Senshi' for taking the time to reply on my behalf about the portrait of the girl. The description you gave of the picture you have in your September 1970 issue of Seventeen magazine sounded vaguely familiar to me - but I will really only know I guess when I see the picture - hopefully some day soon.
It does sound like it just may be the picture I am looking for and I will keep checking to see where I can find this particular issue. If I could see a scan of the picture then I would know for certain.
Thanks again - I'll keep you posted when I locate this portrait.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Seventeen Magazine Feature :: Comments

MMM60s-LM
Re: Seventeen Magazine Feature
Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:19 pm by MMM60s-LM
THANK YOU RANMA. WE WISH YOU WOULD POST SOME STORIES AND PICTURES HERE LIKE YOU USED TO DO.
Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:30 am by RanmaSenshi
Thanks, Linda. I'm still busy trying to get my website completed, but I check in here every once in a while.

OK "ilovefashion", I've scanned the image for you (I figured you would want to see a scan if you could), and here it is:

Seventeen Magazine Feature Img053a
Scan of girl
Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:50 pm by ilovefashion500
Hi - I would like to thank you (Ranma Senshi) once again for your effort on my behalf, this time with an actual scan of the picture you were writing about but I'm sorry to say that it is not the picture I am thinking of.
The picture I mean is not an actual photograph, but more of a portrait of this girl (or a photographic portrait if you can call it that). I still seem to remember also that there is a very definite brown tone to the page. I'm starting to wonder if I will ever come across it again but I hope to someday. I'll just have to keep searching.
Thank you so much for your help however - it was so very appreciated!
MMM60s-LM
Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:35 pm by MMM60s-LM
Thank you for that great scan Ranma. Are you on Facebook. So many of the miniMods are including Kecia Nyman, Willy van Rooy, Terri Smith and many more of the original girls. If you are, please send me a friend request, or if not please join. I have a fan page called Seventeen in the Sixties, that is like our old MSN site.

Last edited by MMM60s-LM on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:32 pm by RanmaSenshi
Sorry that wasn't what you were looking for. I wasn't sure what you meant by a "photographic portrait". I guess you mean it's an artwork that looks photographic in style. Well at least you've narrowed your search down to two Seventeens, since I've eliminated the other two.

I am on Facebook, Linda, though I hardly ever go on it. I'll send a friend request to you.
Post  by Sponsored content

Seventeen Magazine Feature

Page 1 of 1