MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion

Oral and Visual History Initiative MMM60s MODEL HISTORY and VINTAGE FASHION

HomeLog inRegisterSearchLatest images
Click> HOME
HOME PAGE
Linda’s MEMOIRS

Seventeen Magazine Feature

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ilovefashion500

Seventeen Magazine Feature Empty
PostSeventeen Magazine Feature

I have been trying for some time to find what Seventeen magazine has a picture of a girl that I remember seeing from my youth. I'm quite certain that it would be in a Seventeen from the year 1970 or 1971.
It's not an Ad, but is rather a feature which would most likely be more in the middle of the magazine. I don't think it's an actual photograph, but rather a 'portrait' or photographic portrait of this girl, who looks like she would be in her teens or early twenties. It's quite a large and close-up picture of the girl, probably on the left-hand side of the magazine, with a story or a write-up on the right.
She is looking straight ahead and she has long and straight brown hair. I remember her having rather heavy eye make-up, or at least prominent eye liner, and she has a 'dreamy' look about her, for lack of a better term. I don't remember anyone else on the page but that one girl.
I distinctly remember the entire page being finished in brown or sepia tones.
Does anyone know what picture I am referring to and from which Seventeen it would be from - as I mentioned I'm pretty certain it would be from either the years 1970 or 1971.
Thank you - I will keep checking in the hopes that someone can answer this question for me.

Last edited by ilovefashion500 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i forgot a word)
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Seventeen Magazine Feature :: Comments

MMM60s-LM
Re: Seventeen Magazine Feature
Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:06 am by MMM60s-LM
You should contact sentimentalsusan@cox.net She has a big collection and used to be senior editor here
Post Thu May 05, 2011 7:46 pm by ilovefashion500
ilovefashion500
Post  by Sponsored content

Seventeen Magazine Feature

Page 1 of 1