MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion

Oral and Visual History Initiative MMM60s MODEL HISTORY and VINTAGE FASHION

HomeLog inRegisterSearchLatest images
Click> HOME
HOME PAGE
Linda’s MEMOIRS

miniMadMOD60s Galleries Now Open!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MMM60s-LM
Admin
MMM60s-LM

miniMadMOD60s Galleries Now Open!!!! Empty
PostminiMadMOD60s Galleries Now Open!!!!

miniMadMOD60s Galleries Now Open!!!! Intern11
FINALLY The miniMadMOD60s albums are open!

Just go to www.minimadmod60s.com. Click on "Galleries", then Register.

It would be good if you could use the same name and email address that you use for this forum.

You can choose your own password.
You will receve an email with a confirmation.

I look forward to working with you all again. Thank you for your patience and support.
If you have any problems, please email me or post it here.

Love and Peace,
Linda

Back to top Go down
http://www.lindamorand.com
Share this post on: reddit

miniMadMOD60s Galleries Now Open!!!! :: Comments

MMM60s-LM
Re: miniMadMOD60s Galleries Now Open!!!!
Post Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:54 am by MMM60s-LM
In order to post to the Galleries you have to register there again

Just go to www.minimadmod60s.com. Click on "Galleries", then Register.

It would be good if you could use the same name and email address that you use for this forum.

You can choose your own password.
You will receve an email with a confirmation.

I look forward to working with you all again. Thank you for your patience and support.
If you have any problems, please email me or post it here.

Love and Peace,
Linda
artemis
Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:34 pm by artemis
Hi Linda,

Congratulations on this new website! I'm excited to post the pictures from my magazine collection so I can share them with other enthusiasts from around the world. God bless you for your wonderful endeavor!
MMM60s-LM
Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:51 am by MMM60s-LM
God bless you too Dear. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thank you for your help and encouragement in helping us to piece together the wonderful world of the MOD Sixties, those of us who have been privileged to witness it and those of us who are inspired by it.
MMM60s-LM
Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:12 pm by MMM60s-LM
I have got a detailed explaination from John, the tech guy. The site will be down for an hour or so to set permissions.
MMM60s-LM
Post Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:45 pm by MMM60s-LM
Site is back up. He says it is a questiion of bandwidth. You are now a Senior Editor, We are on a shared server. I will get a more detailed report for you all. This website is only step one...a rescue plaan for all the files. We will be getting a dedicated server as soon as the grant comes through or we find a sponsor/sponsors.

He also said to pres F5 whenever you switch between pages to refresh the cache.
Patty, Susan and a few others are senior editors too.

Anyone who wants to become a Senior editor, please let me know. It is something like a Manager on MMM60s/MSN
Post Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:31 am by RanmaSenshi
Bandwidth, eh? I don't pretend to be knowledgeable about these things, but I'm a bit skeptical about that. I haven't had any problems loading pages the last few times I accessed the site, though.

There is still the matter of the Summary and Detail buttons. He needs to address that. It may work the first time you try it, but try switching back and forth and I think you will see that you usually don't get any change. Hitting F5 doesn't help.

There's just one more thing. LOL When you hit the gallery button on the main page you are brought to http://www.minimadmod60s.com/galleries.html. But that page is just a list. You have to hit "To the galleries" on that page to get to the actual galleries. It would be better to just be brought directly to the galleries from the home page without having to visit that page first.

I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving and didn't get indigestion from all this.
Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:39 pm by RanmaSenshi
Shades of MSN?

This morning I was logged in and working on an image when I suddenly started getting an error message when trying to load a page. Then I couldn't access access the site, even after closing and reopening the browser. I kept getting a blank screen with just the word "error" on it. Also I found about five broken links in Colleen Corby's album.

After several minutes the problem resolved itself and I regained access. The broken links are still there, though.
MMM60s-LM
Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:30 pm by MMM60s-LM
Well, Ranmi, the web is the web. There are constantly glitches and stuff happening. Normally there is a tech staff that can fix these things, but in this case it is just us. I sure miss all those MSN techies. They may have been slow, but at least they were there. Our site is hosted on Yahoo, which recently laid of 1500 workers. Constant tech support is not available.

We have to think of this website as a lifeboat, just to save the images from being deleted by MSN in Feb.

I am hoping to get us on our own server ($300 a month) and get a techie/webmaster. (Lord only knows how much) and a paid moderator. All those things are expensive. I am planning on finding a rich sponsor for this website who can pay for all that.

We share this servr with thousands of others. It only costs $11.95 a month, which I pay. That is what I meant by shared bandwith. If there are a lot of users on Yahoo hosted sites, a person can get knocked off.

An interactive site is much more difficult to maintain than a static site where you just go in to look at the pictures.

The links in Colleens album are broken? What are they supposed to link to? Do you mean to the enlargement? Please let me know. Not that I can do much about it. CQBData who built the site wants to be paid to work. Imagine that!Sometimes I can coax a reply, but they put their salary in the estimate. It goes month by month.

So for the time being we just have to struggle along as a Mom and Pop organization of a bunch of amateurs. Oy!!

By the way, have you decided what you are going to do with your Colleen site?
Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:45 pm by RanmaSenshi
OK, I won't complain about the connection problems anymore. LOL
The links I'm referring to are the thumbnails and the pictures they link to. For both the thumbnail image and the photo itself I'm getting this image:
miniMadMOD60s Galleries Now Open!!!! Main.php?g2_view=core

BUT, I've just solved this little problem. LOL That is I know why it's happening. When I put the cursor over that image, I get a pop-up showing the name of the file. In every case it appears that the image is either a TIF or a BMP. I don't know how they got into your database, and I guess you are the only one who can remove them. BTW, I'm pretty sure I can convert any BMPs or TIFs into JPEGs so they can still be shown here.

Also, Linda, those Kathy McKay picks I mentioned before are still in Colleen's album. I can't delete them, so someone else will have to. I assume they are not in Kathy's album either.

As for my site, I'm going to attempt to recreate it as an actual site (which means I'd have to pay for a host, but that's not that big a deal). The main problem is actually creating it. That could take some time because I have no experience with that, and I have yet to make any attempt at it just yet. But we will see.
Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:40 pm by RanmaSenshi
Linda, you said that all of the images from the old site, except those recently added, were uploaded here, but I was just looking at Colleen's old album and there are a lot of images there that are not here - and those missing images were uploaded at the old site back in 2006!

I have a feeling this partial transfer is not limited to just Colleen's album.
MMM60s-LM
Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:26 pm by MMM60s-LM

Oy vey!!!!! I just don't know anymore! Part of the problem is that the new album did not accept bmp. and tiff. They are still on my hard drive, but not in the album yet. Susan Blakeley's entire album was almost all tiffs. So at some point I will have to translate them all to jpegs.

Remember, I am trying almost single-handedly to recreate three years of work in a couple of months. Thank goodness Colleen has a fan like you who cares.

If you want to make a website that is static...that is not allowing others to add photos it is much easier. I just ran into a blog from our old friend who had the group "vintage mags" It is really good. perhaps you could do something like that.
http://vintagefashionmagazines.blogspot.com/

It is what I shoulda/woulda/coulda done if I did not have to make the site interactive.
Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:23 am by RanmaSenshi
I'll see what I can do about getting those other images onto this site.

If anyone has a favorite model, it might be a good idea to double check her album and make sure all the images from the old site have actually been uploaded to the new one. Otherwise they may be lost when MSN shuts down the old site. TIFs and BMPs of course can't be uploaded here. I'm more concerned about the JPEGs right now. (I have most of JJ's TIFs saved anyway.)

miniMadMOD60s Galleries Now Open!!!!

Page 1 of 1