MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion

Oral and Visual History Initiative MMM60s MODEL HISTORY and VINTAGE FASHION

HomeLog inRegisterSearchLatest images
Click> HOME
HOME PAGE
Linda’s MEMOIRS

Speaking of Baby Boomers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MMM60s-LM
Admin
MMM60s-LM

Speaking of Baby Boomers Empty
PostRe: Speaking of Baby Boomers

Companies should be standing in line. In fact just before the election, I had some great interest. But with the financial meltdown they pulled back. Now I don't know what to do. I have not much time to work on this, because I have a family to support.

Thank goodness for some members who have sent some money it so I can pay the crotchety guy who is building the galleries. There are over 400 directories that must be created. Once the galleries are up and running, I will approach peple who can help. Thanks so much for all your help, Susan.

I like this message board because we can edit something if we see that we have spelled something wrong. Have you figured out how to add a picture yet?

Speaking of Baby Boomers Nyquee10

Here is the NC Skyline in the Early Sixties
Back to top Go down
http://www.lindamorand.com
Share this post on: reddit

Speaking of Baby Boomers :: Comments

Re: Speaking of Baby Boomers
Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:18 pm by MMM60s-SC
Hi Linda,

I think this forum will be great because of all the options...and editing my messages is one of the best. However, I think I'll still have typos and grammatical errors - LOL!

When I registered last week, there was a link to www.servimg.com, where we would store our images for uploading here and in the Galleries. I believe it was on the www.minimadmod60s.com Home Page. I tried to register, but I kept receiving the message "You have specified an incorrect email, or an invalid password." I tried two different email addresses and passwords, but the same reply popped up. I just assumed it wasn't set up for the members yet. I tried again a few minutes ago, and it was the same. Was it simple for you? I use www.auctiva.com to store my images and listings for eBay, so I know how to set up an account.

Today I can't find the link to servimg here at the Forum or on the 3M60s Home Page. I clicked on "Contributors of Images/Please Click Here", and the maintenance page comes up.

From my viewpoint, this wouldn't be the top priority right now. It seems like the Galleries need to be completed first. It's fun to upload a picture to a message - I've enjoyed yours - but it's not necessary.

Hang in there, stay focused, and know we're all enthusiastic! *~Susan~*
MMM60s-LM
Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:31 am by MMM60s-LM
Susan I am so sorry you and the other members are being so frustrated by the website.
It has been so difficult getting it up on such a small budget. I am hoping it will be ready very soon.
I was so surprised to see the picture you posted of me on MMM60s/MSM. It has my little dog in it! I have a picture in that same outfit somewhere. Thank you so much, all of you, for your patience.
Would you like to be a moderator?
Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:15 am by MMM60s-SC
Hi Linda,

I don't feel frustrated by the website. I understand it's under construction, and you've let us "come in" during the middle of the process. To me, it's like building a new house: you've made wonderful plans, but as it starts to go up, things don't exactly fall into place. You have to rethink the layout of the kitchen, but the master bathroom looks beautiful. Then your luxurious new tub is backordered for two months...and should arrive when they plumber leaves for his 25th anniversary trip to Italy! Do you know what I mean?

I get excited when I see you trying new formats, colors, and pages. You certainly want it done correctly the first time, and not have to tweak it every week.

Why don't you write a concise and positive update about the new site construction and post it at the top of the "What's New" and "Welcome" pages at MMM60s/MSN? In a few short sentences explain that the incredible new site is under construction and should be completed soon. Everyone is invited to visit and "catch the vision" for what an innovative, interactive achive this will be. Remind the visitors that they might see changes from day to day during the construction process. You might want to tell the members that they can still post messages and pictures at the old site, but also give them the link to the new forum.

Then when every page, feature, and link is checked and double checked - and that day WILL come - you can announce the grand opening and invite the members to store and upload their images here.

BTW, what are the responsibilities of a moderator? Are you sure you really need more than the two capable gals that you already have?
MMM60s-LM
Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:26 am by MMM60s-LM
Those are al great ideas and I will do so. The moderator has no responsibilities except to delete messages that might be inappropriate or commercial. This is a free forum, because I did not have enough to get the webmaster to create a private one on MMM60s.com It is up there, but it does not have the features this one has built in.

This one seems pretty good. I had the background in the website changed to black because some of the younger members were mentioning that the site did not look high tech enough. We could have flash and all that, but what for? We do not need bells and whistles. We just want to see the pictures and be able to lable them and discuss them.

Have you figured out how to put a picture in yet?
Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 am by MMM60s-SC
Hi Linda,

No, I haven't figured out how to post a picture. Are you still using www.servimg.com for image hosting? I can't seem to find the link anywhere here at the forum or on any of the minimadmod60s.com pages.

I'm still getting the message that my email or password is invalid. I just wanted to double check with you that you're still using servimg before I request a new password. Perhaps that will solve the problem.

Thank you for asking me to be a moderator. Why don't we wait until the site opens and see how much work there will be for Patty and Joan? Maybe you won't need to add a third moderator until the sister sites move over. Until then, why don't you put me on the "Substitute Moderator" list? If Patty or Joan go on vacation or need to take a break, I'd be happy to fill in.

*~ Susan ~*
MMM60s-LM
Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:25 pm by MMM60s-LM
Well, I don't understand why the picture hosting site will not let you in. You have to use the name and password you use to get in here. But if it still does not work, you can always use a picture from any site as long as you have the url
MMM60s-LM
Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:59 pm by MMM60s-LM
I will ask our faithful Ranmi Senchi to explain it if he can.
Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:24 pm by RanmaSenshi
Speaking of Baby Boomers 1967_a10

Well, as far as uploading to servimg, I can't log in there at the moment. I'm getting the same message you did, Susan. However, as far as adding an image to a post, all you have to do is go to the image that you uploaded on the image hosting site (and you can use any image hosting site, like Photobucket, for instance), right click on the image, choose "copy" from the drop down menu that comes up, then put your cursor in the message post, right click and choose "paste". That's what I did with the image in this post.
Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:39 pm by MMM60s-SC
Speaking of Baby Boomers 153285225_o

Thanks, Ranma!
I already had this one at auctiva. It's 600 px. Servimg says that images should be 800 px for forums, 640 px for websites, 1024 px for wallpapers, and 320 px for blogs. I'll play around with servimg tomorrow. It seemed to me that my account didn't become activated until I tried to upload . Between all of us, we should figure this out! *~ Susan ~*
Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:47 pm by RanmaSenshi
Susan, how did you gain access to servimg? I keep going in circles there.
Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:55 pm by MMM60s-SC
Hi Ranma,
I don't know how I finally got access! I went around in circles for days, too. I even tried to set up another account with my home email address. Then I read Linda's post about using the same email address as the one you registered with at this site. I did that. This may have been it: I'm positive that at servimg I set up my account as First Name: Sentimental, Last Name: Susan. I kept typing that in over and over. When my account was finally activated, this came up: First Name: sentimentalsusan, Last Name: (blank). Could you have done the same thing with ranmasenshi/Ranma Senshi? Also, when I thought I did NOT have an account, I tried uploading Linda's picture here. No image came up in the Preview, but when I went back to servimg, my account was active and the image was there! Why doesn't servimg have links to instructions, FAQ, or Help? HELP!!!
Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:20 am by RanmaSenshi
How did you try to upload an image when you didn't have access to servimg?
Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:07 am by MMM60s-SC
Hi Ranma, I know my explanation is difficult to understand because I don't understand it myself! Bottom line: I think I DID have access to servimg, even though I received an error message when I tried to log in. To the best of my recollection, this is what I did: I clicked on Post A Reply. I clicked on the Upload icon (under the Bold B). An Upload Pop-Up appeared. I clicked Browse to look through my image folders on my computer (just like at MSN). I found Linda's picture and clicked on it (just like at MSN). The URL appeared in the white box (just like at MSN). Three choices came up: Thumbnail, Image, and URL, each with Copy next to it. I clicked Copy next to Thumbnail, and the URL was highlighted in blue. I clicked Upload at the bottom of the Pop-Up. The white box was blank, and I thought nothing had happened. I repeated the steps with Image and URL. I had the servimg Log In page minimized, and I maximized it. The page had changed! It now said My Images, and those three images were there! I then went to the My Account page, and it had been activated, but with sentimentalsusan as my first name. Why don't you log in with what you believe is your correct information, then try to upload? I know this sounds crazy...

Is it cpn or jjs (members at the Colleen MSN site) who's a computer expert? I remember he had a technical explanation of dpi in a discussion a month or so ago, but I don't remember the title, do you? Perhaps he could help us. *~ Susan ~*
MMM60s-LM
Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not Work!
Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:33 pm by MMM60s-LM
Speaking of Baby Boomers Ross310
Click on Host an image (the icon with the picture and the disk) Then click on browse. Find the file on your computer. Click Host it. Then copy the url of the image. Then click on the picture button Then paste the image url in the space next to the little link sign in the box that comes up. Then click OKSpeaking of Baby Boomers Ross410 I am going to see if there is a better image hosting service.
Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:47 am by RanmaSenshi
OK, now I understand what you did, Susan. But after reading Linda's explanation of how to upload using servimg, I think I'll just stay away from that service. LOL It's all far too complicated compared to just uploading to Photobucket and copying and pasting from there. Photobucket is fine for the message board, IMO.

BTW, I think it was JJ who was discussing dpi. He does seem to have some knowledge about imaging.
Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:56 pm by RanmaSenshi
Admin wrote:
I had the background in the website changed to black because some of the younger members were mentioning that the site did not look high tech enough.

Linda, I agree that you don't really need any bells and whistles. I personally like a clean professional looking site. I have to say, though, that I never like seeing white text against a black background. I find it to be a bit of a strain on the eyes. I think the problem is the high contrast. You must focus on the bright words while reading and they appear even brighter against the black. It tends to burn an image in my retina. LOL My preference is for the white background you had before.
MMM60s-LM
Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:56 pm by MMM60s-LM
Yes, it is a bit of a strain on the eyes. Perhaps I can have something done about it.
Post  by Sponsored content

Speaking of Baby Boomers

Page 1 of 1