MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion

Oral and Visual History Initiative MMM60s MODEL HISTORY and VINTAGE FASHION

HomeLog inRegisterSearchLatest images
Click> HOME
HOME PAGE
Linda’s MEMOIRS

Sixties Models,

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MMM60s-SC

Sixties Models, Empty
PostSixties Models,

Hi ModlyinLove,

I was going through my 1967 June Seventeen and found an ad that hadn't been posted at MMM60s. I thought that it met your criteria:

Seventeen
Terry Reno
Barbara Bach
Bobbie Brooks
Spam

SPAM?! Yes, believe it or not, it's a combination Spam and Bobbie Brooks ad! Poor Barbara and Terry had the unfortunate distinction of being the models selected to wear the Bobbie Brooks fashions. Evidently Diane Taff was also at the photo shoot, but her picture wasn't chosen. Can you imagine the relief she must have felt when the ad was published?!

[img]Sixties Models, Spam_BobbieB_1967_June_17_p137_BBTR[/img]
Page 137

[img]Sixties Models, Barbara_Bach_Diane_Taff_1967_Bobbie[/img]
1967 Bobbie Brooks Ad

But seriously, here's an unusual Yardley ad that I found on page 12 my 1966 October Seventeen . I've posted it in the Yardley sub-album of the "60s Ad Campaigns" album. If you look closely at the top of the ad, it says, "You'll say 'Thank you, Yardley,' when you watch The Monkees on NBC-TV every Monday night at 7:30."

[img]Sixties Models, Yardley_1966_Oct_17_p12_SueM_Monkee[/img]
Sue Murray

Enjoy! *~Susan~*
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Sixties Models, :: Comments

Re: Sixties Models,
Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:55 am by ModlyinLove
Sixties Models, Collee10

Oh LoL that Spam ad is so yucky!!! The poor girls! They probably died when it came out.
How funny. I love the Yardley ads. They are just so Sixties. Here is a favorite shot of Colleen.
Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:58 pm by Apocalips
The Yardley ads were the main reason I watched the Monkees! They also ran a lot on Hullaballo and Shindig, if I recall correctly. If I was able to catch a glimpse of Jean Shrimpton, my week was complete! I remember one Twiggy spot vividly...it started at her feet and panned up her legs and minidress, and finally landed on that fabulous face. Cannot for the life of me remember the product. And I can still remember the wonderful scent that Yardley lipsticks had. Of course, I thought everything with the name Yardley on it was pretty wonderful.
Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:19 am by MMM60s-SC
Hi ModlyinLove, Thank you for posting that cute picture of Colleen. I always loved her in the flip!

Hi Apocalips, Although I never wore a lot of makeup, I did buy many Yardley products. I remember my best friend and I saved our allowances until we each had $1.50 to buy Slicker lip polishes. The next Saturday, my mom took us to Newberry's where Carol purchased "Good Morning", and I purchased "Good Night". Yes, they really had a yummy scent.

[img]Sixties Models, Yardley_1967_Slicker_Jean_Shrimpton[/img]
1967 Yardley Slicker Ad - Jean Shrimpton

Yardley's Pot O' Gloss lip glosses were my all-time favorite glosses. I liked their scent even better than Slicker.

[img]Sixties Models, Yardley_1970_PotOGloss_ShelleyH_Jim[/img]
1970 Yardley Pot O'Gloss Ad - Shelley Hack and Jim McMullen

I would love to find out the story of Yardley's mod ad campaign of the mid-1960s that was targeted to us Baby Boomers. Does anyone know?

*~Susan~*
Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:36 pm by MMM60s-SC
Patty Holmes remembered that Tricia Kinney was also a Spam model...er...a model featured in a Spam ad. At least this was early in her career! (And isn't the little boy adorable?!)

[img]Sixties Models, Spam_1962_Tricia_Kinney[/img]
AngoraSox
Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:01 pm by AngoraSox
Greetings all! Uh-oh. I just emailed SentimentalSusan for a large scan of the above "BOOTS & TIGHTS" ad showing Diane Conlon, Joan Delaney (?) and Terry Reno jumping for joy in plaids and dots. But was that ad from Linda? And what month and year was that ad from (I assume) Seventeen magazine? Hmmm. Anyway, I need whoever has got that COMPLETE picture of the three of them posing (including the feet!) to pleeeease email me a big scan of it. I'm on a mission. I do believe my fave Capezios are in that picture. That would be a rare find for me. I had 'em in red leather and also in black patent. After wearing them into the ground I pulled one apart carefully to see how it was made and out dropped a gabillion teeny tiny nails which brought to a screeching halt any fantasy I had of replicating them. Good grief. Those shoes were flat flat flat with a barely there pancake heel. WHERE did all of those many miniscule nails come from?!

The new MMM60's is endlessly fun to look at. What a terrific group effort. Wow! Now I just need to learn how to insert pictures into my messages here and I'm set. Can one also insert animations into the messages here at the MMM60's forum....hey, where's the toga-wearing emoticon? LOL

AngoraSox
MMM60s-LM
Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:29 pm by MMM60s-LM
Hi Angora: Sooo happy to have you here. it has been a litle slow because i have been working so hard on getting the Supermodels Hall of Fame TV Show together. I am looking for that picture of Terry Reno, Joan Delaney and Diane Conlon. I got it off the Colleen years ago. I think it may have been in Spookys book. I could not find it on my harddrive, but I will continue to look. But i am very sure the feet were cut off on the original. However, with photoshop it would nt be too hard to make new feet. LOL.

You can put animations and pictures in these messages and i sure wish you would! I will explain how to do it in my next message. Also Susan knows. She does it all the time.

Thank you soo much for the lovely montage of my Paris picturesI It is beautiful!
AngoraSox
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:41 am by AngoraSox
Linda, You are very welcome. Those are some nice BIG pics they've got of you over at Life magazine online! The origin of those Paris photos of you.

I've discovered that the picture I'm interested in receiving as a big scan is a page from the August 1965 issue of Seventeen magazine, including the feet which are totally there and complete feet.

The Supermodels Hall of Fame TV Show?! Did you post anything here at the forum about that?

Thanks for the tip about Susan's know how. I'm talking to Susan about how to insert pics here. I keep coming up with a red x, but it'll get worked out sooner or later.

I think we need a Sixties Fashion Models game show and a board game and an early Saturday morning cartoon show. (I created a fantasy pair of Corby slipon sneakers. LOL Talk about walking a mile in someone else's shoes!) So, I can't wait to hear more about your TV show! I finally caught Dayle Haddon's TV commercial the other day. Her eyes are hypnotizing! Whoa.
AngoraSox
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:32 pm by AngoraSox
[img]https://modsixties.forumotion.com/general-messages-f1/Sixties Models, Th_Toga_Avatar[/img]

I found my toga for this forum. Linda, is the Life mag photo of a Linda Hechter photo by Pierre Boulat really you? It looks like you with long hair.
AngoraSox
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:15 pm by AngoraSox
[img]https://modsixties.forumotion.com/general-messages-f1/Sixties Models, Th_Sixties_Morand_or_Hechter_by_Pierre[/img]

Oops. I forgot to include the picture I'm asking about. Here it is. The magazine picture from 1967 Paris by Boulat.
AngoraSox
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:28 pm by AngoraSox
Speaking of Colleen Corby, this bra ad is not her but I wasn't sure
until I blew it up and it was obvious. I'm also using this to practice
inserting pictures into a message. Here I am using the Direct Link code. Also, I have learned and have begun to place pictures in
the group album now.

Sixties Models, 1967_Bra_Ad
Post  by Sponsored content

Sixties Models,

Page 1 of 1