MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion

Oral and Visual History Initiative MMM60s MODEL HISTORY and VINTAGE FASHION

HomeLog inRegisterSearchLatest images
Click> HOME
HOME PAGE
Linda’s MEMOIRS

SUNNY GRIFFIN IN CAR CRASH!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MMM60s-LM
Admin
MMM60s-LM

SUNNY GRIFFIN IN CAR CRASH! Empty
PostSUNNY GRIFFIN IN CAR CRASH!

SUNNY GRIFFIN IN CAR CRASH! Avonxm10
We just heard that our beautiful Sunny Griffin was in a car crash in Thailand. She suffered a broken neck. She is recovering slowly and able to use a computer. So please send her your best wishes on this forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lindamorand.com
Share this post on: reddit

SUNNY GRIFFIN IN CAR CRASH! :: Comments

Re: SUNNY GRIFFIN IN CAR CRASH!
Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:43 pm by MMM60s-SC
Hi Sunny,

I'm praying for your quick and complete recovery! You have a very special place in my "60s model memories" because you were the first model whose face I could put with a name:

I started 3rd grade in Sept. 1962. My class was told that our teacher was not only new to the school, but that this was her first year of teaching. That meant that she was around 23 years old. When she walked in the room, I was amazed at her beauty and stylish clothes (she often wore red high heels...to teach 3rd graders!). All of us little girls were whispering among ourselves that she looked just like the beautiful blonde model with the big smile in our mothers' magazines. She was so warm and approachable that we went up and told her. Her reply was, "Oh yes, many people have told me that I look like Sunny Griffin."

SUNNY GRIFFIN?! I now knew the name of a REAL MODEL! I thought that was the neatest thing. On the playground, we would tell girls from other classes, "OUR teacher looks just like the model Sunny Griffin." Whenever I see your picture, I think of those happy childhood memories. Thank you!

This picture of Sunny Griffin and Mona Grant remind me of my dear teacher Miss Harris and myself:

[img]SUNNY GRIFFIN IN CAR CRASH! 1966_Sunny_Griffin_Simplicity_1313[/img]
1966 August Simplicity Catalog - It's posted in both Sunny's and Mona's albums

Love and prayers, *~Susan~*
Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:01 pm by willyvanrooy
Dear Sunny,
I don't know you personally but I like you to know that I am thinking of you and pray you may totally recover soon. Are you still in Thailand? Well, at least you are able to work your computer or at least to look at your messages and that is already a great thing. You get better soon OK? Much love to you Sunny, Willy

picture added by admin
SUNNY GRIFFIN IN CAR CRASH! Sunny110
bunny
Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:45 am by bunny
Dear Sunny..I wish you the very best and hope you get well as soon as you can.
Blessed be..Bunny

Angora collage added by Admin
SUNNY GRIFFIN IN CAR CRASH! Sunnyg10
Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:28 pm by ModlyinLove
SUNNY GRIFFIN IN CAR CRASH! Sunny10

SUNNY GRIFFIN IN CAR CRASH! As2_bg10

Astara Skincare If you go here you can see Sunny in a video. She is the hottest 60-something on the planet!

I certainly hope Sunny is Ok. I am a big fan of her and her wonderful cosmetics called Astara Skincare. She actually invented them herself. They really work!
I think her healthy eating habits and great fitness level will help her a great deal.
MMM60s-LM
Post Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:33 pm by MMM60s-LM
SUNNY GRIFFIN IN CAR CRASH! Thaila10MESSAGE FROM SUNNY GRIFFIN

Dear Friends:

I came to Chiang Mai, Thailand, for a week on Nov. 22, to pick the finishes on the house we are building at a spa here and a few days later was in a terrible car crash. I wasn't driving but the driver swerved to avoid a dog and we slammed into a concrete power pole at 65 kpg. We were both wearing seat belts but the air bags in the 3 week old Toyota did not go off, so my back and neck were broken. The medical care here is incredible and an ambulance was there in about a minute and I was taken to a nearby government hospital for X rays and cat scans and then to a private hospital by ambulance at 3 AM. When I got out of the hospital 4 days later my entire bill was $1000. It would have been more like $100,000 in the states and the care couldn't have been better. I have decided that Thai people are all either angels or saints or maybe both.

A wonderful Canadian man, Brad Ferguson, and his Thai wife and 6 month old baby took me in and I have been staying with them ever since. Right now I have to lie down most of the time and can only sit up for about 15 minutes at a time so it is difficult to even type, but I spend hours on the internet. I had about 3 weeks of really incredible pain and now that is over and my challenge is to be still so the bones in my neck can heal. They were shattered all the way through and I am incredibly lucky to have no spinal cord damage, (my Thai doctor says it is "unbereaveable") and I probably have to wear this nasty brace for many more months.

Being quiet is not my strong suit and this is where being 68 years old does not help. Right now my biggest complaint is the sores under my chin where the brace rubs and, considering what could have been, I am really happy. For many hours in the hospital the left side of my body was paralyzed and they gave me an IV of steroids for 24 hours and the swelling of the spinal cord went down and I got my left side back. That was scary. A wonderful writer here in Chiang Mai sent me his book to pass the hours and then came over yesterday so I am going to attach our photo so you can see that I am really okay - just mostly flat on my back. I have even been able to stop taking pain killers except to sleep.

My daughter Kerry flew over to help me get home and we are going to L.A. on Dec. 23rd for Christmas. Steven and I will drive to Phoenix sometime the next week. This may sound weird but I wish I could stay here forever and not have to come home to all the business challenges and the US economy. Have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

I don't think I am going to be able to send Christmas cards this year but the thought is there, so EAT, DRINK and MAKE MERRY.

Love Sunny
MMM60s-LM
Beautiful Sunny Griffin Collage by Angora
Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:08 am by MMM60s-LM
SUNNY GRIFFIN IN CAR CRASH! Sunnyg12

By Angora
Post  by Sponsored content

SUNNY GRIFFIN IN CAR CRASH!

Page 1 of 1