MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion

Oral and Visual History Initiative MMM60s MODEL HISTORY and VINTAGE FASHION

HomeLog inRegisterSearchLatest images
Click> HOME
HOME PAGE
Linda’s MEMOIRS

Farewell to William Bell

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MMM60s-LM
Admin
MMM60s-LM

Farewell to William Bell Empty
PostFarewell to William Bell

Dolores Hawkins, one of Ford's steller models, has announced the passing of fashion legend William Bell. He was Dolores' friend and one of her favorite photographers. William bell photographed one of the most memorable covers of American Vogue in 1959. Dolores Hawkins, looks serene and seductive, her flawless face covered by a thin red veil and her head framed by bold red cloth. Her red lips and enormous, wide spaced eyes compete for attention. The whole effect is iconic and my personal favorite Vogue cover.

Farewell to William Bell Voguej10

There is sadly little information on the web about William Bell although his iconic images are not hard to find. Here is another shot with his muse, Dolores Hawkins.

Farewell to William Bell Vogue_10

William Bell worked with other legendary models. Here is a Vogue cover featuring Wilhelmina which is attributed to William Bell.

Farewell to William Bell Bellwi10

Here is Anne St. Marie another muse of William Bell.

Farewell to William Bell Anne-s11

If anyone has any biographical information about William Bell, we would very much appreciate it. Those who care must make a place in history on the web.

Back to top Go down
http://www.lindamorand.com
Share this post on: reddit

Farewell to William Bell :: Comments

Linda Morand
Re: Farewell to William Bell
Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:47 am by Linda Morand
I am still looking for biographical information on William Bell. Here is a link to some of his work CLICK:
WILLIAM BELL ON FLICKR

From Patty Holmes:

Hi Linda:

Thanks for placing a message & photos of Bill Bell on the site.
I will let Dolores know. She will appreciate it.

All I know about Bill, is that he was 90 and lived in Connecticut at the time of his death. That is what Dolores told me. She did keep in contact with him by phone and when she went up north, she visited him. His wife called Dolores to let her know about his passing.

Patty

Farewell to William Bell

Page 1 of 1