MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MODEL HALL OF FAME - Visual History - Vintage Fashion

Oral and Visual History Initiative MMM60s MODEL HISTORY and VINTAGE FASHION

HomeLog inRegisterSearchLatest images
Click> HOME
HOME PAGE
Linda’s MEMOIRS

update

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ilovefashion500

update Empty
Postupdate

I have narrowed down the Seventeen magazines that the feature I was describing yesterday (with the picture of the girl) may be in. Through the advice of Linda Morand I contacted Susan, the former senior editor, and through the process of elimination there are four issues left that this particular feature may be in. They are as follows:

January 1970
September 1970
February 1971
April 1971

If there is anyone who could help me regarding this particular feature - which is described on the post just previous to this one - I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

update :: Comments

MMM60s-LM
Re: update
Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:56 pm by MMM60s-LM
You can search for those issues on ebay. Now that I know the issues I can ask others who may know.
Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:39 pm by RanmaSenshi
I have the Feb '71 and Sept '70 issues. The Feb '71 has nothing like what you describe. The Sept '70 does have something similar. It matches your description except she does not have any heavy eye makeup (only mascara) and I do not see any brown or sepia tone on the page. It's a full page portrait on the left side of the page with a narrow section of text on the right. She is wearing a black and brown crocheted hat and a huge, black crocheted scarf. That is all that is visible in the portrait. She has long, straight, dark brown hair and is looking at the camera (straight ahead). She's the only one on that page. There are two other pages next to her's (part of the same fashion article) that also have large, full page portraits, but they don't match your description at all.
Post  by Sponsored content

update

Page 1 of 1